Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Using the CBC for ESL classes

http://www.cbc.ca/ottawa/esl/lessons.html

This is a great way for students to practice listening and do some reading comprehension. It caters to all levels which is great for a LINC environment. There are lots of lessons to choose from and the lessons could be used to build schemta for students who do not know anything about the topic at hand.
I used this site before my students went to the sugar bush so they had more of an understanding of where maple sugar came from and what they would see when they got to the patch.

It is an interactive site in that you can read what you are listening too and you can answer the questions right on the site as well.

Students really enjoyed the site and I had them coming back to me the next day telling me that they checked out some more on their own time and really enjoyed all that they were learning.

1 comment:

Carburateur77 said...

Wow! Thank you some much for making me realize our national broadcaster offers such great resources!